By Jenna Scott (CE ’21)
Joint Student Council met on Tuesday, Oct. 2 and discussed the following topics:
- New ID Cards— the system should be fully updated by December.
- Fountain in Abe Lebewohl Park—plumbing repairs are on the Building and Grounds docket, should be completed by next summer.
- Menstrual and contraceptive products in the bathrooms—while currently stocked by students and faculty, Buildings and Grounds or Student Affairs could potentially take responsibility for these.
- Paul Laux Computer Studio—now operated by Marget Long, the studio has new machines, opening up opportunities for seminars and classes.
- Fabrication Resources—Marget Long is putting together a list of machines and instruments available to students in both the Foundation Building and the NAB.
- HSS Minor—the HSS Curriculum Committee is currently working on getting it approved in the Engineering School, but is open to also implementing it in the Art School pending interest from students.
- JAC Funding Process—students from all three schools brought up complaints about the lack of transparency and clarity in the process of getting funding for clubs, suggesting some kind of rubric or framework to reduce bias and arbitrary decisions.
- Diversity Task Force and Community Planning Collaborative — information and data from these groups have been presented to the Board of Trustees and are informing their priorities.
For full notesfrom this meeting, go to esc.cooper.edu/minutes.
JSC 11/6, 12/4
ESC 10/8, 10/22, 11/5
ASC 10/6, 10/20, 11/3
ArchSC 10/14, 10/28, 11/11